Wednesday 14 October 2009

My top S/S 10 makeup looks

Here are some of my most anticipated and admired looks for S/S '10!

Purple

We saw it on the F/W 09 catwalks of Dior with frosty lilac and mid-berry toned shadow and it's trailed all the way through to next season. As seen on the gorge Miss Donaldson at Versace. Now its a lighter,less intense wash of lilac along the eyelid and along the waterline.Teamed with a pink,nudish lip this look is perfect for a lazy picnic in the park and a pastel sundress! I loveee purple because it makes brown and green eyes really POP!
(did anyone actually do that "half-moon" manicure,that everyone was raving on about? I wasn't too keen,it looks so weird to me!)
























Glossy Gothic


I'll always be a big fan of the smoky eye. It always looks stylish and effortless sexy. This look just screams "I've been rolling around with a boy all night,and I'm doing the walk of shame but hey,at least I put on some lip gloss!". And I think Lanvin pulled this look off to a tee!



To do the blackest of black smokey eye I swear by MAC in Carbon ( of course!) and Urban Decay Glide on 24 in Zero


The Bold and the Beautiful

I lovelovelove LOVE this look! The mussed up hair,the airbrushed skin but ESPECIALLY the bold,matte lips!Black cat eyeliner and red lips has been done to death and this is a refreshing change. I like this orange red colour soo much! I'm a bit scared of matte lipstick because it can make your lips look really chapped and dry but I'm definitely going to give this a try! Prada ftw!



Bare Faced Chic


I've always heard that it takes a lot of makeup to look like you don't have a lot of make-up on- that is sooo true! When I try to do the whole "I only wear tinted moisturiser and Vaseline" look, I just look terrible! This look is amazing because I wish I could ever look as fresh faced and dewy as this!



The "Ken dumped me!"

I decided to call this the "he dumped me!" look because I was looking through the John Galliano show pictures with my sis and she said that she thought this look was what Barbie would look like if she caught Ken cheating on her with Sindy! Obvs, I thought that was hilarious! I can see her point, the dolly pink cheeks are very Barbie-esque!This look was also done by the legendary Pat McGrath! This tempts me to pull my MAC Dollymix or Nars Orgasm out and try and give pink cheeks a go again.



So that's my round up! Any looks that you're looking forward to wearing this spring?





all pictures courtesy of thefashionspot.com

4 comments:

Mz. More said...

Loving that purple look. Not sure about the half moon mani, maybe it will look better on shorter nails. May give it a shot, can't knock it until I try it :)

Maria Fernanda Sainz said...

I always love versace and diors make up.

Phibster said...

I like the half moon nails, but i've never done them myself.
I love your name for the last look!

the real mia said...

I've been way into purple eyeshadow lately. I never thought that would be my color, but turns out to be lovely.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0