Tuesday 27 April 2010

Miss Selfridge x Gossip Girl Collection

It was announced a while ago that UK retailler Miss Selfridge ( the cheaper,party girl sister of the legendary Topshop) was teaming up with the people over at Gossip Girl HQ to create a set of looks inspired by the outfits sported by Blair,Serena,Jenny and Rat Tail Hair-Sorry *Vanessa* in the show.

I was uber excited because I'm a (not too) closet Gossip Girl fanatic. Sure the books are better...but Chuck's also gay in the books and we wouldn't have Ed Westwick otherwise.....

Anyway... it launched online this morning and I have to say I'm still on the fence about it. Here's a sample of what they served up:



JENNY

girly pieces with a punky/grunge twist.
( Racoon-esque eye makeup not included)



SERENA

sexy,figure hugging dresses with a sophisticated vibe
( Nate not included)




VANESSA

Ethnic,tribal inspired relaxed look



BLAIR

pretty bows,frills-you know the drill.



So.. whaddaya think?
I think I like "Blair" the most!

p.s: 200 followers! Squuueee! xP


14 comments:

*~StrawB3rri3*~ said...

Jenny's stuff is edgy original! This just looks like a basic ruffle dress.
Vanessa's isn't even tribal like the show, and I'm not even going to get started on Serena. If this is what all the styles are going to look like, then its going to be a sorry collection. THe whole point of gossip girl is connecting these young women who other wise wouldn't even be together. And on top of that. Of course Blair's look is on point, she's a girly girl, give her pearls and an open skirt and she's happy. Some people are so easily impressed.

R.Paris said...

Blairs is the best i agree...
The others are just unimaginative


x

I BLEED PINK said...

I've only seen the show a handful of times, but I love Blairs clothes. I don't know if the look they created is very Blair, but I like it the most.

Sissy à la Mode said...

I love jenny's!!!!

Anonymous said...

Blair and jenny`s :)

Art is my Hustlee*** said...

i like jenny most

Anonymous said...

I adore Jenny's look!

-xo

Law1sfab said...

I have to say I think they are all pant's !! I mean I think they could do sooooo much better. I am not a fan of GG I do love the styling from GG , but this is no where near as good. I think it's a let down for the fan's. I think us lot could put a better collection together. xxxx

julianne. said...

i like the blair themost too!
these are awesome.
i really like your blog.<3

Kimberly said...

I like Blair's the most. Super cute concept and idea, especially for fans. Lovely post.

Polina ,Julia ,Nastia said...

nice blog)
we hope you visit our blog and follow there,please)))

http://plaidandstriped.blogspot.com/

)*

Halle Anderson said...

Blair my favorite! You nailed each one correctly! Love this blog, check me out at www.HalleAnderson.com

Law1sfab said...

hay hope you are okay hunni and look forward to your next post :P
Have a great weekend hun xxx

Unknown said...

i personally think they could have done a better job with this collection. poor attempt.

great post and amazing blog. nice to see another uk girl doing her thing with bloggin...had to follow!

check out my blog and if you like it i would appreciate a follow:
PASTIME BLISS

http://thepastimebliss.blogspot.com

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0